K2 Management is delivering full scope construction management on the €1.2bn Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm in the German North Sea.
Commissioning in 2019
After supporting Highland Group Holding as owner’s engineer and technical advisor since 2013. K2 Management was awarded a lump sum service agreement by Northland Power after it acquired the project in 2017.
The assignment's scope will see K2 Management deliver full construction management services, from the pre-construction phase through to the Commercial Operation Date, planned for 2019.
This two-year scope for Northland Power will include:
- HSE and quality management
- Technical management of project agreements
- Construction monitoring
- Management of integration, time and cost, contracts and risk
- Providing procurement and technical advice for the duration of the project.
Morten Melin, Executive Vice President, Construction at Northland Power commented:
“DeBu is a large offshore project; having a full-scope construction management provider will help to ensure its success. Northland Power has selected K2 Management for this role as a result of their extensive track-record, and their significant contribution to bringing the project to financial close.”
Our services for Highland Group Holding from 2013-17 included:
- Wind energy and turbulence assessment
- FEED study
- Risk management
- Interface management
- Project structure development
- Project organization development
- Invitation to tender (ITT) structure development
- ITT Management including employer’s requirements and annexes
- Tender process management, including bid evaluation and contract negotiations
- Foundation and substation design process management
- Document management
- Cost books management for all specified packages supporting financial advisor
- Technical advisor on nacelle LiDAR based power curve measurements.