K2 Management delivered full scope construction management on the €1.4bn Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm in the German North Sea.
After supporting Highland Group Holding as owner’s engineer and technical advisor since 2013. K2 Management was awarded a lump sum service agreement by Northland Power after it acquired the project in 2017.
The assignment's scope saw K2 Management deliver full construction management services, from the pre-construction phase through to the Commercial Operation Date, planned for 2019.
This two-year scope for Northland Power included:
- HSE and quality management
- Technical management of project agreements
- Construction monitoring
- Management of integration, time and cost, contracts and risk
- Providing procurement and technical advice for the duration of the project.
Morten Melin, Executive Vice President, Construction at Northland Power commented:
“DeBu is a large offshore project; having a full-scope construction management provider will help to ensure its success. Northland Power has selected K2 Management for this role as a result of their extensive track-record, and their significant contribution to bringing the project to financial close.”
Hear from K2 Management and Northland Power on the Deutsche Bucht project in this video:
Our services for Highland Group Holding from 2013-17 included:
- Wind energy and turbulence assessment
- FEED study
- Risk management
- Interface management
- Project structure development
- Project organization development
- Invitation to tender (ITT) structure development
- ITT Management including employer’s requirements and annexes
- Tender process management, including bid evaluation and contract negotiations
- Foundation and substation design process management
- Document management
- Cost books management for all specified packages supporting financial advisor
- Technical advisor on nacelle LiDAR based power curve measurements.
Hear what Northland Power's Boris Balan has to say about working with K2 Management: